Saturday, October 30, 2010

Week 1!

While this isn't technically week one - for the purposes of this blog - we will call it week 1. So week 1! What did I accomplish? Photos! For my site!














While I only completed shooting the necklaces and I have a lot of re-shooting to do - I'm excited to get my site up. 

I'll post it as soon I re-shoot (really - you can probably just Google the blog name and find it). Some of my pictures turned out blurry and I still have a lot of earrings to photograph - which are proving a little tricky.

On Monday I have a  second meeting with a business consultant. After our first meeting he told me I need to get my site up (working on it!) register as a business (done!) get a sales tax id (done!) and figure out my pricing structure. Um... The thing is I'm horrible at this - I don't want to feel like I'm charging too much but at the same time a lot of what I do is very time consuming and I use some expensive materials. So I'm stuck on this one. After looking at a lot of other jewelry designers pricing I've come to the conclusion that pricing is completely arbitrary while staying in the range from $20-$80. So that's what I'm going with, somewhere in that range. My consultant probably won't buy that.

I'm planning on having my site up and running by next week - then my next step is packaging. I need to figure out how I'm going to package all of my pieces for all of the wonderful people that will soon be purchasing my work. I also do silk-screening and would really like to incorporate that into the package design...

Stay tuned for my new business cards and website!

No comments:

Post a Comment