Friday, January 14, 2011

Resolutions and Catch-up

Well - this is late. And seeing as how I haven't posted anything in over a month, well, actually I have no excuse for that! Here's what I did:

The holidays were great and relaxing spent in Iowa! Or as the Mainer would say "Iowar!"
View from my Mothers backyard on Christmas day.



Then it was NYE spent in Chicago with friends!

That's pretty much it. Although in that short period of time I went from seeing this everyday
 
Doesn't exactly inspire creativity...

To this:


I did manage to fit some jewelry making into this time period! Some of it will be for sale - once I figure out pricing - this baby took me about two weeks!


And some of it will need to be duplicated - seeing as I'm keeping it and wearing right now

What? I like my stuff!

As for new year resolutions - I'm usually not one for doing that sort of thing. It seems to be better to constantly make new resolutions no matter the time of year. But this year is slightly different in that I'm starting this here business thing. So the new year is actually the perfect time to make promises to myself - with the intention of keeping them!

I have a couple. The biggest one is to let go of the fear. The fear of putting myself out there in terms of starting a business - this is a big one for me. I'm sure I've touched on this before but I have a problem with self promotion, that, in all honesty, I need to just get over - seeing as how I'm the only one that can promote me...

So with that - my immediate, more concrete goals for 2011 are - vamped up online promotion and trade shows! So stay tuned as I prepare for my first trade shows. This should be interesting as I have no idea what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment